A.T Still University (ATSU) is Medical Degree Programs Campus and Online Medical Degrees. It offers a wide variety of healthcare management degree programs in Arizona and Missouri. student can choose from a variety of degrees offered such as traditional campus programs and online programs.
History of A.T Still University (ATSU):
ATSU was established by Andrew Tailor still with previous name as ASO (American School of Osteophaty). He was born in August 6, 1828, in a log cabin in lee county, Va. Around 1853. He is an excellent man who found a great method in curing disease. There were enough people who wanted to learn his methods that he was persuaded to start a school. The American School of Osteopathy (ASO) was founded in Kirksville in 1892 in a two-room frame building. The first class of five women and 16 men – including three of Still’s children and one of his brothers – graduated in 1894.
ATSU as Favorite University has two primary missions:
- A.T. Still University of Health Sciences serves as a learning-centered university dedicated to preparing highly competent professionals through innovative academic programs with a commitment to continue its osteopathic heritage and focus on whole person healthcare, scholarship, community health, inter professional education, diversity, and under served populations.
- A.T. Still University is home to the founding college of osteopathic medicine. We are the oldest osteopathic institution in the world, founded in 1892.
ATSU has six Schools to choose from. Here are all of them:
- Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine (KCOM)
- School of Osteopathic Medicine in Arizona (SOMA)
- Arizona School of Health Sciences (ASHS)
- School of Health Management (SHM)
- Arizona School of Dentistry & Oral Health (ASDOH)
- Missouri School of Dentistry & Oral Health (MOSDOH)
ATSU MISSOURI CAMPUS is located in 800 W. JEFFERSON ST. KIRKSVILLE, MO 63501 – 660.626.2121 while ARIZONA CAMPUS at 5850 E. STILL CIRCLE MESA, AZ 85206 – 480.219.6000. Campus Location in Kirksville, Missouri and Mesa, Arizona. In Kirksville, it has 17,139 Population while in mesa at 452,933 Population. Campus Size for both of them are different. Kirksville has 150 acres while Mesa currently at 59 acres.
Enrollment and Fiscal Year of ATSU:
Note: International Enrollment Approximately 99 students from more than 35 countries. Diversity Data Enrollment 3293 (2011 Fall)
|Enrollment (Fall 2011)|
Diversity Data and Enrollment 3293 (2011 Fall). Percentage of enrolled : Full-Time is 56% and Part-Time at 44%. % Enrollment Status in A T Still University of Health Sciences are:
- Full-time Female – 29%
- Full-time Male – 28%
- Part-time Female – 28%
- Part-time Male – 15%
ATSU’s GPA of Incoming Students at Average: KCOM D.O. at 3.4 cumulative, 3.3 science. KCOM Biomedical Sciences at 3.1 cumulative, 3.1 science, SOMA D.O. at 3.4 cumulative, 3.2 science, ASHS Residential at 3.3 cumulative, 3.1 science , ASDOH D.M.D. at 3.4 cumulative, 3.3 science and MCAT Scores of Incoming Students (Average) for KCOM at 27 and SOMA at 26.
ATSU has Percentage of Full-Time Students Awarded University Scholarships and/or Federal Financial Aid at 94 %. With total number of Degree at 21 divided into Doctoral at 9, Master’s at 10 and Certificates at 2. The graduation rate of ATSU for various classes and degrees at average are: KCOM D.O. at 97%, KCOM Biomedical Sciences at 67%, ASHS Residential at 92%, ASHS Online at 85%, SHM at 43%, ASDOH at 95% and SOMA currently at 86%. In September 2008, ATSU reach $79 Million fiscal year. A.T. Still University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, 230 S. LaSalle Street; Suite 7-500; Chicago, IL 60604.